The Bishop Westcott Schools were founded by the Right Rev.
Dr. Foss Westcott, Bishop of Chotanagpur in 1921. Bishop Westcott
Boys' School was founded in 1927.Initially, the school was meant
for Anglo Indian children, most of whose parents were either
missionaries or in the foreign service. Later on other children
of other communities were taken in and the school achieved a
secular status. The school premises is situated on the lands of
the villages of jorar and Namkum, which are in the outskirts of
Namkum is a sleepy hollow approx.6 km east of Ranchi, on the
banks of the famous Subarnarekha river. It has its own Railway
station and is easily accessible by Road. As there are no major
industries nearby, it is free from pollution and is also a very
quiet place, the ideal setting for a school.